Thursday 22 August 2013

Hare and Hounds (15)



My Hare and Hounds Project is well into its third year and I must admit it has lapsed somewhat. Well actually quite a lot.

Never mind, yesterday I had a day off work and I got myself back on track with a visit to this Hare & Hounds - in Holcombe. It was lovely!

(Photo from Google Streetview.)

It is a bloody good job that we can have days off, go walking in the woods with friends and visit lovely pubs. Back at work today and it's not so good.

Friends are still losing their jobs and there is an air of despond over us all.

On the bright side, we are no longer buried alive in the office with no windows. We have been moved to a new office with windows - not just any old windows either! We can open these ones, and look out onto the trees in the park.

On the other side of the park is the Irwell - which could be nice, but all week it has stunk of rotting corpses. So there isn't just despond in the air, there is stench and quite a lot of flies too. Puke.

Sometimes open windows aren't such a good thing.

I should have stayed in the pub.

No comments:

Post a Comment