Tuesday 10 April 2012

Hare & Hounds (11)



When I first started my Hare & Hounds Project I imagined it was going to be undertaken in the space of a single year. However my progress wasn't quite as prolific as I'd hoped, so I've extended it into what may well become a Lifelong Quest.

Yesterday I visited this Hare & Hounds:

(As usual, the photo is from Google Streetview.)

This one is in Hurst Cross, just across the road from Ashton United's ground.

We played Ashton United yesterday, the first time we have played here since the August Bank Holiday in 2010 - which is why it has taken me so long to visit this pub. Yesterday was cold and wet, the pitch was claggy in the extreme, and we lost 1-0.

It's a lovely friendly club to visit though. Here are some of the local kids taking penalties at half-time. That little girl was a treasure!


(Photo nicked from Mick Dean. I hope he doesn't mind.)

I hope you all had a happy Easter. I'm back at work now, and our psycho-bitch boss has plans to lock us all up in a room with no windows. She must really, really hate us.

Oh dear.

No comments:

Post a Comment